Mac copy data from one user to another
- write ntfs usb drive mac?
- leisure suit larry love for sail mac os x;
- convertir fichier ods en xls sous mac.
I'm trying to move the file of a virtual machine from one users account to the other. I tried moving it using the mv command in Terminal and it said permission denied. Is tried sudo mv but it just said "sorry".
I also tried changing its permission chmod but it wouldn't let me and when I tried sudo chmod , it literally said "sorry". Its a permissions issue. You are logged in as administrator, yet you still are lacking the authority to escalate to root or change permissions, and that is odd.
Even as admin, you would still need root access to move a file belonging to one user to another users' account.
Share Files Between User Accounts in Mac OS X the Easy Way
In Terminal, try sudo bash and enter your password when prompted. Also, changing permissions with chmod doesn't change ownership. You use chown for that. Then, log into the other account to retrieve the files from the Shared folder. This is document amoe in the Knowledge Base. Last modified on Skip to: content search login. Knowledge Base Search. Log in.
- Subscribe to RSS.
- You might also like…;
- How to Move & Share Files Between User Accounts in OS X!
- How to Transfer all Files from one Mac to another using Apple Migration Assistant!
- Three Tips on Migrating to a New Mac.
- find apple id on my mac?
- How to Move Your Apple Mail to a New Mac.
- Your Answer.
- 3 Easy Ways to Share Files Between Macs.
- macos - How to move file from one users account to another? Permission denied. - Ask Different!
How do I move application data from one Mac account to another? Ask Question.
The Mac Observer's Videos
Asked 8 years ago. Active 8 years ago. Viewed 2k times. FrankLfr FrankLfr 1 1 1 bronze badge.
Three Tips on Migrating to a New Mac - The Mac Observer
It really depends on the apps. You can certainly research where each app stores it's data and move those files, but in my experience, it's so much faster to just bring the entire account over. You can delete all the apps that came faster than telling the mac not to copy them.